DANIEL J. DISTASIO, JR., ESQ.
Dan Distasio has been a litigator for over 25 years and is a principal in the law firm of Distasio & Kowalski, LLC in Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania. He represents clients in personal injury matters throughout the counties of northeast Pennsylvania as well as the U.S. District Courts for the Eastern and Middle Districts of Pennsylvania.
Dan concentrates his practice on all types of personal injury matters including product liability; automobile and trucking accidents; medical malpractice; premises liability; construction accidents; slip and falls and wrongful death claims.
- Distasio & Kowalski, LLC, Wilkes-Barre, PA, Partner/Principal, 2011 – Present
- Scartelli, Distasio & Kowalski, PC, Wilkes-Barre, PA, Principal, 2005 – 2011
- Hourigan, Kluger & Quinn, PC, Kingston, PA, Principal, 1993 – 2005
- Liebert, Short & Hirshland, Philadelphia, PA, Partner, 1987 – 1993
- Foulkrod, Reynolds & Havas, Harrisburg, PA, Attorney, 1985 – 1987
- Susquehanna University, Selinsgrove, PA, Bachelor of Arts, 1982
- Dickinson School of Law, Carlisle, PA, Juris Doctor, 1985
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
PROFESSIONAL & COMMUNITY AFFILIATIONS
- Luzerne County Bar Association
- Lackawanna County Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Association for Justice
- Recognized by the National Trial Lawyers Association as one of the Top 100 Trial Lawyers 2011 through 2018
- Named a Pennsylvania Super Lawyer, 2009 through 2018
- Certified as a Life Member of both the Million Dollar Advocates Forum and the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, 2013
- Appointed as Hearing Committee Member by the Disciplinary Board of the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania, from 2002 through 2008
- Selected as a member of the Nations’ Top 1% by the National Association of Distinguished Counsel, 2015-2018.
- Assistant Football Coach, Crestwood Senior High School, Mountaintop, PA, 2006 – 2016
Interview on The BLS Show
Affiliations and Awards